Court Prior (Cornworthy Priory) near Totnes
Cornworthy Priory, dating from the early 1200s to 1536, housed a small group of Augustinian nuns. The gatehouse of the priory is all that remains today. A spring in the adjoining field supplied water to the priory which included a chapel, chapter house, infirmary, dormitory and refectory. The site is currently protected under permanent pasture although the gatehouse remains a prominent feature of the local landscape.